Ipchains, SBCGlobal DSL and Linux Router, please help

Ipchains, SBCGlobal DSL and Linux Router, please help

Post by The Peoples Foo » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:43:19

i have a RH7.2 box connecting to sbcglobal.net. Im using pppoe 2.0 to
connect.
i configured the a basic firewall/router script and was able to connect to
the internet with client machines.
for some reason, the client machines cant connect to certain
websites...especially the secure ones like online banking.
i tried to add a line to the chain alowing udp and tcp on port 443...that
didnt work, still able to get email and browse most of the web.
then i flushed all the rules and only set in place the masquerade chain.
same thing...cant connect to secure sites (or so it seems)

any ideas? thx.

1. IPCHAIN headache with DSL -- PLEASE HELP

Hello folks,

I had been using Linux and IPCHAINS to share Internet connection on my
DSL modem. It was working like a champ, until about a week ago. Now, I
can ping only within my own subnet but not anywhere else on the 'net.

BUT if I connect the modem DIRECTLY to a Win 98 box, it works perfectly.
When I called tech support, they said that they do not support Linux.

My question is: CAN ROUTERS FILTER BASED ON OS? Can you have access
lists for Linux only? A similar setup with the same service provider (on
a different subet though) works just fine. PLEASE HELP...

Thanks and have a great day,

-t.y.

2. supporting functions to the device driver writer?

3. linksys router keepd disconnecting me from DSL (please help, I am lost)

4. Tektronix printing from a Sun SparcStation

5. Linux router vs Netopia router on DSL

6. Number Nine Imagine 128 Series II

7. Help w/ linux (as router) to provide IP to Mac over DSL?

8. Where can I find rpm's for lsof & coclor-ls

9. DSL/Cable Router vs "Ordinary Router"

10. Problem DSL Router <-> Firewall Router <-> Clients

11. Linux newby, I'm tryning to do a linux router for 2 subnet, please help

12. Need help Please!! with Linux and pppoe dsl

13. help: DSL + IPCHAINS + SAMBA + winNT