Lilo-ing linux on one floppy.

Post by rklas.. » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

We have simple dedicated application that we want to auto-boot linux on one
 floppy can you set up lilo so that it won't ask for a second floppy on boot?

Thanks in advance
Ray

Lilo-ing linux on one floppy.

Post by A O V Le Bla » Sat, 10 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>We have simple dedicated application that we want to auto-boot linux on one
> floppy can you set up lilo so that it won't ask for a second floppy on boot?

It is not LILO but the kernel which asks for a second floppy.  You used
to be able to avoid this --- though I haven't tried lately --- by using
rdev to set root to something other than /dev/fd0; for example, to
/dev/fd0H1440.

     -- Owen

1. LILO error: Can only boot from floppy, LILO will only start dos not linux

After installing LILO to the MBR it gives me the following error when
trying to boot linux:  error 0x09!  Dos anyone know what it is trying to
tell me?  My linux partitions are /dev/hdb2 and /dev/hdb3 (swap:
/dev/hdb1).  When I check out the partition tables in fdisk
/dev/hdb2 (root partition) does not have an asteric in the boot colum.
Is that the problem and how do I fix it.

2. Can't allocate memory when loading a module 2.5.48-bk

3. LILO hungry for floppy - prints "8000" until it gets one - help!

4. linuxconf and x windows

5. Backup: One tape and one floppy disk?!

6. Q: Why does my X-server allocate 175 MB during start up?

7. LILO: First boot sector doesn't have a valid LILO signature

8. Logitec Busmouse

9. 2 Problems, One with LILO and one with X

10. "tar"ing across multiple floppies

11. Help with tar'ing to the floppy drive

12. Supermount'ing floppy and cdrom

13. mcopy-ing linux_bs.bin on a MS-DOS formated floppy