FTP problem - RedHat 5.2

Post by DaZZ » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I've managed to setup a FTP daemon on the two Linux boxes I've connected via a
> private network. However I'm having this problem accessing the other Linux box
> via FTP. The problem is as follows:

> ftp fairlane
> Connected to fairlane
> 220 fairlane.fords.com.au FTP Server ..............
> Name (fairlane:root): ftp
> 530 User ftp access denied
> Login failed

Try using the logon name anonymous instead of ftp.

I know in most distributions they are supposed to alias to the same thing
as far as the FTP server is concerned, but I've seen ftp servers which
refuse user ftp and allow user anonymous.

So try anonymous and see how that goes.

DaZZa

FTP problem - RedHat 5.2

Post by Xavier Boschi » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Did you try to remove the user root in your /etc/ftpaccess
and loggin diretly with root user.

This file is for disabled loggin true ftp for each user.
You could try with another user !

Good Luck
Xavier

Quote:

>> I've managed to setup a FTP daemon on the two Linux boxes I've connected via a
>> private network. However I'm having this problem accessing the other Linux box
>> via FTP. The problem is as follows:

>> ftp fairlane
>> Connected to fairlane
>> 220 fairlane.fords.com.au FTP Server ..............
>> Name (fairlane:root): ftp
>> 530 User ftp access denied
>> Login failed

1. re : Redhat 5.2 Installation from FTP problem

Dear all,

I have two computers connected via LAN. One have NT Server with CD-ROM
installed, the other is a computer without a CD-ROM where I wish to install
RedHat.

The most straight forward way I can think of is starting the ftp service of
NT Server and map a virtual directory to the CD-ROM drive. Then I load the
boot floppy(came from the RedHat box) into the other computer and ask it to
install from FTP server.

The problem is the NT trancates all the filenames in the installation CD,
for example "XFree86-S3-3.3.2.3-25.i386.rpm" will become "Xfree86-.000". The
installation program just cannot find the required packages.

Does anyone encounter the same problem and what can I do?

Please also reply by email

Yours,
Dennis Yeung

2. XFree-86 Config Problem

3. RedHat 5.2: telnet and ftp problem

4. generic makefiles for Solaris

5. HELP: FTP Problem with Redhat 5.2

6. Disk Performance

7. RedHat 5.2 FTP upgrade problem

8. Redhat Kernel Upgrade

9. ftp problem with redhat 5.2/mandrake

10. RedHat 5.2 -> RedHat 6.0 Upgrade Problems

11. FTP RH 5.2 -> RH 5.2 = NFT (No File Transfer)

12. FTP install RedHat 5.2 on Dell GXa

13. Installing RedHat 5.2 via FTP