Mounting 8G partition via NFS

Post by Felix Radensk » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to mount a 8G ext2 partition from
my Linux file server running Slackware 3.4.
Someone told me it won't work with the current
NFS version (2).
I managed to mount this partition from a
remote computer and put on it files of tolal
size exceding 4G. Is this test sufficient
to make sure that there won't be any problems
with NFS?

1. Portmapper problem when mounting a partition via NFS

Hello,
I have the following problem. I have a lan which used to be configured
this way:

- server, Pentium running Redhat 5.1
- client, Pentiums running Redhat 6.0

In this configuration it worked fine. Then I decided to update the
server to Redhat 6.0 too. The upgrade process worked flawlessly and
everything went fine, except for one thing: now the client cannot mount
server filesystems via NFS anymore.

If I type on the client:
mount pippo2:/home/users (pippo2 is the server name)

I get:
mount: RPC: Program not registered

Please note that:

- everything else but nfs mount works fine (I can ping/telnet from
client to server and viceversa)
- the entry in the client /etc/fstab is correct (it's the same it used
to be before the upgrade): pippo2:/home/users /mnt/tejahome nfs defaults
0 0
- the server /etc/exports file is correct: /mnt/tejahome
pippo*.pippo.com
- the server /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files are empty

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Marco

2. SIOCADDRT: Hardware or Config error ?

3. Booting Via Floppy and mount / via NFS

4. strange output of "who am i" & "last" in Solaris 9

5. tar backup via NFS excluding NFS mount point

6. vendor independent file system format for M-O drives

7. nfs-mount rejects mounted partitions

8. 98 knocked out my lilo

9. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

10. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

11. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

12. backing up 8G partition to CD's

13. Partitioning a 8G disk