Token-Ring support?

Post by Farzad Far » Fri, 13 Jan 1995 19:49:27

: Is there any support available for Linux for token ring networks?  I've
: got an IBM Token Ring II card.

: If such support exists, where can I find it?  Help!

The official site is :
 ftp://linux3.cc.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/Linux/TokenRing

I've got a modified version of this patch for kernels 1.1.73 and upper
on my machine. ftp://farzy.via.ecp.fr/pub/linux/tr-patch-73.diff.gz
It runs flawlessly on a bunch of machines here since a few weeks.
My machine is not always on, so don't give up :)

--

  "The Army is a place where you get up early in the morning to be yelled
  at by people with short haircuts and tiny brains."

1. Wanted, precompiled nettools with token-ring support

I tried to get token-ring support for my PC.  My linux was installed
from an old CD with kernel version 1.1.59.  I downloaded newer kernel
version (1.3.8) and compile it sucessfully with token-ring support.
Now my kernel can open the adapter but I still need nettools with
token-ring patch.

I download nettools and its patch and tried to compile it.  It cannot
find gencat command.  Someone told me that it is included in new
libc.  I changed all my gcc and lib to newest version I could find
and change it to ELF format.  But there is no trace of gencat.

I am now tired of downloading and compiling things.  Is there anyone
already has precompiled nettools with token-ring support?  Please
tell me where can I get it.  Or is there any CD with token-ring
support included?

TIA,

Apisit Saksomboon
Bangkok, Thailand.

2. KVM switches not good for monitors

3. IBM PCI Token-Ring Support

4. PC Speaker

5. IBM Token-ring Support

6. lm-sensors, making it work?

7. token ring support for slackware or redhat

8. Stats: newsreaders used over the last month

9. Thomas Conrad Token Ring Support?

10. PCI token ring support needed

11. Token ring support?

12. linux token ring support?