Linksys EtherFast 10/100 ethernet card problems...

Linksys EtherFast 10/100 ethernet card problems...

Post by Greg Fortun » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try the via-Rhine driver

Greg Fortune

Post by Vincent and Shirley Ya » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

?
Dear All

I am using RedHat 6.1 and just bought a LinkSys EtherFast 10/100
ethernet card
so I can hook my linux box with a linux DSL router.

This ethernet card uses tulip.o and each time when I tried
installing this module, I get this error:

????? /lib.../tulip.o : init_module : Device or resource busy

Has anyone able to use this ethernet card and if so, which driver
and how did you make the driver to work?

Thanks a lot for any pointer.

--Vincent

Linksys EtherFast 10/100 ethernet card problems...

Post by Vincent and Shirley Ya » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

?
Greg

Where do I find this via-Rhine driver?

thanks

--Vincent
?
?
?

> Try the via-Rhine driver

> Greg Fortune

> > Dear All

> > I am using RedHat 6.1 and just bought a LinkSys EtherFast 10/100
> > ethernet card
> > so I can hook my linux box with a linux DSL router.

> > This ethernet card uses tulip.o and each time when I tried
> > installing this module, I get this error:

> > /lib.../tulip.o : init_module : Device or resource busy

> > Has anyone able to use this ethernet card and if so, which driver
> > and how did you make the driver to work?

> > Thanks a lot for any pointer.

> > --Vincent

Linksys EtherFast 10/100 ethernet card problems...

Post by Tom East » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>?
>Dear All

>I am using RedHat 6.1 and just bought a LinkSys EtherFast 10/100
>ethernet card
>so I can hook my linux box with a linux DSL router.

>This ethernet card uses tulip.o and each time when I tried
>installing this module, I get this error:

>????? /lib.../tulip.o : init_module : Device or resource busy

>Has anyone able to use this ethernet card and if so, which driver
>and how did you make the driver to work?

I couldn't get my LinkSys card to work with the tulip driver in RH6.1;
works fine with the driver from the second floppy that came with the
card...

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep             \  Eastep's First Principle of Computing:
ICQ #60745924           \  "Any sane computer will tell you how it

Shoreline, Washington USA \___________________________________________

Post by Kevin Mart » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>>I am using RedHat 6.1 and just bought a LinkSys EtherFast 10/100
..
>>This ethernet card uses tulip.o and each time when I tried
>>installing this module, I get this error:

>>????? /lib.../tulip.o : init_module : Device or resource busy

>I couldn't get my LinkSys card to work with the tulip driver in RH6.1;
>works fine with the driver from the second floppy that came with the
>card...

I couldn't get that one to compile under kernel 2.3.36, but it compiled and
worked under 2.2.14.

I just hope that's being addressed now that we're headed for kernel 2.4.0
(!)

1. Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PCMLM56 Combo Card (Ethernet+56K Modem...)

Has anyone had success with this card under RH v7.0?
Are there special steps required?

Thanks,

Mark
-
"We want a few mad people now. See where the sane ones have landed us!"
 George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
-
MarkW (remove NO-SPAM to reply...)

2. Installing Oracle Workgroup Server on SCO Openserver 5

3. Problem with LinkSys 10/100 Etherfast Lan Card

4. How to config Linux to give Win 9X clients the Wins IP addr

5. Linksys PCMCIA EtherFast 10/100 PC Card Problems...

6. FTP is slow to list files

7. Strange Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PC Card Problem

8. mounting win95 in 2.0.34

9. Again : Problem with LinkSys 10/100 Etherfast Lan Card

10. Problems with installation of Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PCMCIA card on Red Hat Linux 7.2

11. Linksys 10/100 Etherfast Lan card - problem

12. linkSys EtherFast 10/100 PCI Card with Solaris 2.7 x86

13. Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Card