Reading from serial line -> scp to server?

Reading from serial line -> scp to server?

Post by tom » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 02:53:01

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to do the following:

I need to read in a file that is dumped via a serial port
(38400/8/N/1/XON-XOFF) save it locally and copy that file with scp
(secure-copy) to a remote server. Do you have a clue which software I can
use to read in that file on LINUX and on windoze-clients?

Thanks for your help!

tom

Post by Frank da Cr » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:38:29

: I need to read in a file that is dumped via a serial port
: (38400/8/N/1/XON-XOFF) save it locally and copy that file with scp
: (secure-copy) to a remote server. Do you have a clue which software I can
: use to read in that file on LINUX and on windoze-clients?
:
Kermit:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html <-- Linux
  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95.html     <-- Windows

It handles getting the file from the serial port.   The scp part is your
problem, although Kermit handles other secure transfer methods.   In any
case, Kermit lets you script the whole thing uniformly on Linux and
Windows: one script language, many platforms and communication methods.

-  Frank