Local delivery under smail?

Post by Msalie » Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:00:00

My smail configuration can't seem to figure out any local addresses
other than "root".  Keeps giving an "unknown user" error in the
logfile. I've gone over and over the smail man page, to no
avail.  What does smail look at to figure out who is and isn't
a local user? I assumed the passwd file, but maybe not?

Meanwhile, the old "deliver" program works fine.

Help!

1. Local delivery with smail??

My smail configuration can't seem to figure out any local addresses
other than "root".  Keeps giving an "unknown user" error in the
logfile. I've gone over and over the smail man page, to no
avail.  What does smail look at to figure out who is and isn't
a local user? I assumed the passwd file, but maybe not?

Meanwhile, the old "deliver" program works fine.

Help!

2. Adaptec AHA1542 & IDE

3. SMAIL local delivery

4. Linux Server Book?

5. Smail and all smtp delivery through gateway

6. Q: Correction; mkdir: Failed ot make directory; operation not applicable

7. smail 3.1.29.1 delivery problems

8. SiS 6326 Speed

9. e-mail delivery not working (smail)

10. smail on linux -- deferred delivery to ISP

11. broken mail delivery smail

12. Problems with pine/smail delivery

13. POP MAIL & LOCAL DELIVERY