My modem connects to FreeBSD but mot ISP's NT box, please help ???

Post by lan.. » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

My modem connects to FreeBSD but mot ISP's NT box, please help ???

 I can dial into a FreeBSD machine from my linux box, but not my ISP
running winNT. He has this piece of crud setup for some type of ppp
RAS service and I don't get normal connect string from him. Is there
anyway to debug the connection???

Can I listen into the com port or something.
The modems handshake, but I never get any type of login prompt from
him ???

Thanks,
Ken

1. My modem connects to FreeBSD but mot ISP's NT box, please help ???

My modem connects to FreeBSD but mot ISP's NT box, please help ???

 I can dial into a FreeBSD machine from my linux box, but not my ISP
running winNT. He has this piece of crud setup for some type of ppp
RAS service and I don't get normal connect string from him. Is there
anyway to debug the connection???

Can I listen into the com port or something.
The modems handshake, but I never get any type of login prompt from
him ???

Thanks,
Ken

2. Help with STB Velocity 128 (Riva) and XFree86

3. Please Help: Linux box won't ping Win98 box!

4. How can I access zip drive?

5. How to connect NT machine through samba Linux box to NT net?

6. Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0:0"

7. can't connect to other FreeBSD boxes

8. Header Files

9. Can't Connect to ISP via Modem

10. Connect to Win2k Workstation's HD from a FreeBSD Box

11. Can't connect to ISP - modem hangs up

12. User's can'nt login to linux box PLZZzzzzzzzzz Help

13. Please Be Gentle: Anyone install Linux, NT Workstation, & NT Server on one box?