FC2 as DHCP server?

Post by Poly-poly ma » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:11:06

I was wondering how to use FC2 as a dhcp server (i.e. setup scopes for
clients) I've been looking, and have found nothing.
Large thanks,
poly-poly man

FC2 as DHCP server?

Post by Baho Uto » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:55:21

> I was wondering how to use FC2 as a dhcp server (i.e. setup scopes for
> clients) I've been looking, and have found nothing.
> Large thanks,
> poly-poly man

ISC dhcpd ?

FC2 as DHCP server?

Post by Poly-poly ma » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:31:43

> > I was wondering how to use FC2 as a dhcp server (i.e. setup scopes
for
> > clients) I've been looking, and have found nothing.
> > Large thanks,
> > poly-poly man

> ISC dhcpd ?

Doesn't matter, I just want to boot and network to it using DHCP.
Thanks
poly-p man

FC2 as DHCP server?

Post by Raghu Uppall » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:52:53

Should be straightforward:

a) download and install dhcp and dhclient rpms from your favorite fc2
mirror
b) man dhcpd.conf.
c) Customize dhcpd.conf
d) Restart dhcpd "service dhcp restart"
e) Change the client interface configs (ifcfg-ethX) to use dhcp or use
system-confif-network tool
f) service network restart on the clients