DE-220T support

Post by gendr » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I want to use a DE-220 nic on a Linux machine (486sx66 ..... router
purposes only ) which has also a 3com. The 3com is detected by linux.
But not the Dlink ..........
Which driver should I look for to make this card operate on Linux ...
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

DE-220T support

Post by Kevin Groenevel » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I want to use a DE-220 nic on a Linux machine (486sx66 ..... router
> purposes only ) which has also a 3com. The 3com is detected by linux.
> But not the Dlink ..........
> Which driver should I look for to make this card operate on Linux ...
> Thanks

I have two D-Link DE-220 cards in my computer.  I just use the standard
NE2000 driver and they work fine.

Kevin

DE-220T support

Post by Vidar Andres » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>I want to use a DE-220 nic on a Linux machine (486sx66 ..... router
>purposes only ) which has also a 3com. The 3com is detected by linux.
>But not the Dlink ..........
>Which driver should I look for to make this card operate on Linux ...
>Thanks

'ne' I belive. It is mentioned in the source file there.

(but what option and if you ned to turn off pnp on such a nic, dont
know.)

Mvh Vidar Andresen

DE-220T support

Post by Kevin Groenevel » Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> >I want to use a DE-220 nic on a Linux machine (486sx66 ..... router
> >purposes only ) which has also a 3com. The 3com is detected by linux.
> >But not the Dlink ..........
> >Which driver should I look for to make this card operate on Linux ...
> >Thanks

> 'ne' I belive. It is mentioned in the source file there.

> (but what option and if you ned to turn off pnp on such a nic, dont
> know.)

> Mvh Vidar Andresen

I guess I should have mention this in my previous post...

I think there are a couple different version of the DE-220.  I think the
newer ones are PNP and the older ones are not.  The ones I have are not
PNP.  I had to run the DOS config program that came with the nic (or can
be downloaded from the D-Link site) to setup the hardware resources.  I
set one of my cards to use port 300 irq 10, and the other port 320 irq
11.  (note, I could only have one card in the computer at a time when
running the config program).  I compiled the ne2000 driver as a module
and then added the following line to my /etc/conf.modules file:

options ne=0x300,0x320

I then added

/sbin/modprove ne

to one of my startup files.

Kevin

1. Setting IRQ for DE-220T ethernet cards ????

This is a re-post of a posting that I made from my freenet account
that seems to have disappeared.  Please excuse me if this is just a
problem with my news reader/server.

Greetings,

 I recently bought myself a pair of DLink DE-220T NE2000 clones at a
garage sale.  After much futzing, I got the cards going with Personal
Netware and Novell DOS 7 (NWDOS) - but I had to set the irq explicitly
to 15 in NET.CFG.  I then moved on to setting up Linux and ran into a
problem - irq 15 is used by my EIDE card for the IDE channel that my
CDROM is on and the NE driver won't initialize properly.  I hadn't
noticed the problem under NWDOS 'cos I hadn't accessed the CD-ROM with
the Netware stuff loaded - when I tried it it didn't work once the
Netware stuff had run.

 So my question is: how do I change the irq used by these cards ?
There are no jumpers, so I guess there's a PROM of some sort.  Is
there a program to change the settings in this PROM ?  I didn't get
any software with the cards (they _are_ from a garage sale, after all
!) or any documentation. I know the cards are DE-220Ts from the
Ethernet address prefix as well as from writing on the circuit board.
These boards do not seem to respond to having their irq set by the
driver (either under Linux or NWDOS).  Setting a different irg at the
LILO prompt does not seem to work either.

 I'd really like to get networking going under Linux (it'd be nice to
have a CDROM and network at the same time under NWDOS, too), so any
help would be appreciated.

 Cheers,
       John

     \/ \/   Computer
   /\     /\ Aided        Microstar Software Ltd.  Phone:  +1 613 727-5696
   \/     \/ Document     34 Colonnade Road North  Fax:    +1 613 727-9491
     /\ /\   Engineering  Nepean Ontario           Can/US:  1 800 267-9975
     \/ \/                CANADA K2E 7J6

2. Red Hat instability

3. Setting irq for DLink DE-220T ???

4. generating .h files

5. D-Link DE-220T driver problem.

6. Cache Quantum ST 3.2

7. Backup de ficheros mayores de 2 Gb en robot de cintas Sun.

8. Routing / Firewall question

9. Money problems?Geldprobleme?Problemas de dinero?De liquidité?

10. I need help finding driver for D-link DE-660/DE-660+

11. probleme de lecture de video

12. Probleme de SHELL SCRIPT pour selectionner une section de texte, choisi dans un fichier

13. ?Ya es hora de trabajar de otra forma!