POP3's user password

Post by Philip Don » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I use RH Linux 6.1 and Qpopper 2.53.
When I: # telnet 0 110
             user pdong
             passwd abc123
I got a error message is password error.

Is POP3's password same as Linux login's password ?

Thanks,

POP3's user password

Post by Chris Sever » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I use RH Linux 6.1 and Qpopper 2.53.
>When I: # telnet 0 110
>             user pdong
>             passwd abc123
>I got a error message is password error.
>Is POP3's password same as Linux login's password ?

It is the same, yes (unless you've changed something odd.)

However, the correct format is "pass abc123", not "passwd".
I just did the following :

Quote:> telnet localhost 110

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP3 localhost v6.50 server ready
user chris
+OK User name accepted, password please
passwd abc123
-ERR Unknown command in AUTHORIZATION state
pass abc123
+OK Mailbox open, 0 messages

Chris Severn
--
Delete the 'x' to remove the spamblock.

1. Changing password for an user on a SOlaris 2.4 POP3 server

Hi there,

I got troubles with my Eudora PC clients retriving mail from a POP mail
server.

The problem is simply this: the clients can't change their password on
the server. I think that Eudora (or any other POP client) needs a special
deamon, located on a particular port on the server, that manages those
things.

I'm sure someone there knows the problem and how to fix it.

Sincerely.

    CONSYS
Marco Coppolino

P.S. If you want to respond me, can you please send a Cc also to:

2. Unable to install 4.3.3 on 7025-F50

3. change POP3 user password

4. Multiple filter rules for Apache logs?

5. Access email by POP3 stored in 'apache' user account?

6. Makefile help request

7. NIS+ user management [Was: Re: root changing a user's password (NIS)]

8. Mail Files: How to make them follow owner

9. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

10. User password error on 'sudo'

11. Newbie: How can I retain a user's password indefinitely?

12. Can I change all user's password one time ???

13. New users' password