Specialix Serial Board support

Post by Azfar Kazm » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I was told that 2.0.36+ kernels support Specialix Multiport Serial
Boards. I ran make menuconfig in 2.2.9 [the latest stable] and tried to
find its driver but failed. How can I use this board [8-ports] on Redhat
5.2 kernel 2.2.9?

Thanks.

--
Azfar Kazmi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Multiport serial boards: Specialix not supported by Linux....

Hi,
I hope to help you posting this article, saving you a lot of time..really!!!
I have bought a Specialix SI/XIO -Host to use it with modem for incoming
calls through ppp.
The Hardware howto tells that this Multiport serial board is supported by
Linux and you have to use the sidrv0.5.8 written by Simon Allen...
.well after thousand of tries i'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't work..
The real problem is this:
If a process is started by someone on a dev of the Specialix (I tried with
pppd)
.this process does NOT kill itself after the connection is terminated..
this is because the process can't received the SIGHUP signal!!!
this lack (I think..) comes from the driver...I tried to modify it(there are
man
I hope that someone(..maybe Simon Allen?)..will try to make a better driver
saving to people time and MONEY!!!

        Davide Carnevali

        or

P.S. Until the driver is not ready (and TESTED!), i think it is better
to remove the Specialx as a supported Multiport serial board from
the Linux Howto and other documenatation.

If someone knows that i'm failing..please TELLE ME!

2. TCP 2.0.0: pinging internal network, dup packets

3. Specialix serial boards hung-up

4. Pentuim 120 won't boot linux!!!... Why?

5. Specialix Serial Board on Linux 2.2.9?

6. CDE coredums on login

7. Drivers wanted for Specialix serial boards

8. find users working in a directory

9. HELP! Stallion & Specialix Serial Boards

10. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

11. Cyclom 8port serial board. Kernel support?

12. Problem with SCO and Specialix Boards.