Bogons are killing my system!

Post by Sean Christopher Farl » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I need help with a problem that just appeared on my system.  Anytime I use
netdate I get an endless stream of this message:

        tcp_send_skb: attempt to queue a bogon.

I just updated telnet and telnetd as well as moved to libc-5.2.11 from
libc-5.2.10.  I know that is living dangerously, but I needed to.
Sean == Beta *.

To try to clear the problem I moved back to the 5.2.10 libraries without
success.  I also recompiled netdate and then later recompiled libc-5.2.11
for myself.  Not to mention that I recompiled the kernel (1.3.37).

I have tried running without any daemons (besides update and init).  With
SLIP up and down.  It was working only yesterday.

Thanks,
Sean
--
Sean C. Farley

PGP 2.6.2 key using finger or WWW
WWW Homepage is:  http://www.veryComputer.com/

Bogons are killing my system!

Post by Sean Christopher Farl » Sun, 05 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I need help with a problem that just appeared on my system.  Anytime I use
>netdate I get an endless stream of this message:
>    tcp_send_skb: attempt to queue a bogon.
>I just updated telnet and telnetd as well as moved to libc-5.2.11 from
>libc-5.2.10.  I know that is living dangerously, but I needed to.
>Sean == Beta *.
>To try to clear the problem I moved back to the 5.2.10 libraries without
>success.  I also recompiled netdate and then later recompiled libc-5.2.11
>for myself.  Not to mention that I recompiled the kernel (1.3.37).
>I have tried running without any daemons (besides update and init).  With
>SLIP up and down.  It was working only yesterday.
>Thanks,
>Sean

I tracked it down with a 1.21-1 release of netdate by Debian.  I still
don't understand why it is dying, but I did find that it occured in the
gethostbyname function.  I have tried other software without the "bug"
showing its ugly head.  The other software includes telnet and ftp.

I have used libc versions 5.0.9, 5.2.10, and 5.2.11.

Anything else I can try?

Sean
--
Sean C. Farley

PGP 2.6.2 key using finger or WWW
WWW Homepage is:  http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. KILL KILL KILL

I want to kill a login of mine on the eXceed X-Windows emulator. I've
tried all I can think of and e-mailed my admin (they do nothing!). I'm
concerned that someone could log on to the PC that is running the
eXceed windows login session and mess up my account. I can't get to
the PC and I can't find a pid for the login or shell, but a look at
"who" shows I'm still logged in. Any guru's have a good idea what I
can do? Its getting me down :-(

--
         -= Daniel P Merriott =-
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Help with 3Com ?

3. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

4. using one video card and not another???

5. Overloading Samba....Am I Killing It?????

6. How to turn off Aurora in Mandrake 8.0

7. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

8. how to use piped input twice

9. How to kill process which not killed by 'kill' ?

10. Why am I getting kill by signal 11...randomly

11. Bogon infestation in SVR4 #1

12. Q: Why are my bogons queueing?

13. tcp_send_skb:attempt to queue a bogon