IRC Connection Delay Problem

Post by Seo Jae I » Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:10:30

Hello, all.

I'm running ircd (ver. 2.10.3p.7) on my desktop.

Now, I can connect to my irc server and everything seems good,
except one promlem.

When I try to connect to my irc server, delay occurs about 20 secs.
I checked config.h and ircd.conf, but found nothing to help this problem.

Delay occurs after subscribing nick and id, exactly. (see below)

nick :myNick
user MyID 0 * :description about me

(... about 20 secs delay ... )

001 ***Welcome Message

Anybody have experienced same problem and, found some method ?
Thanks, in advance!

1. Can't keep my IRC connections stable with text-based IRC clients?

Hello.

I replaced my old Netgear RT311 router last night with an old Linksys
BEFSX41 (latest firmware v1.52.15). However, I am having problems
keeping my IRC programs staying connected. After about every five
minutes, they get disconnected.

The router's firewall log had these lines:
2008-10-18 22:17:12 1586/TCP from [deleted IRC's IP address]:6667 to
192.168.0.22:1586 Invalid TCP packet received, dropping packet
Note: Changed 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0.xxx so I didn't have to
reconfigure the computers' IP addresses after swapping from an old
Netgear RT311 router.

 From what I can see online with Google searches, this is a known issue
since people seems to have this problem and no solution/fixes (even
after five years or so? Wow!).

I did notice a pattern. It seems like text based IRC clients (e.g.,
BitchX) and IRC bots (info and chat types) get disconnected after about
five minutes. With GUI clients (SeaMonkey, and Trillian Basic), I don't
get disconnected.

What's up with that and is there a way to fix this since I prefer text
based clients? Thank you in advance. :)
--
"... Let's go pour these (peas from a can) onto an anthill I've found."
--Strong Bad (Witness the Cheatar! episode)

  | |o   o| |        Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net

2. LoadBalancing two DSLs

3. Problems with Linux 1.2.13 telnet connection delay

4. PCMCIA

5. solved problems ["error -2", delay pppd, X delay, grey screen]

6. Bash vs. Ksh

7. IRC and IRC Server

8. clustering suns?

9. irc port: strange connections

10. How to make netstat show IRC as IRC, instead of 6667?

11. Breakin planted open connection to irc masquarading as ftpd

12. Multiple connections to IRC from the same host

13. irc DCC connections and NETFILTER