Remote Telnet Problem

Post by nine9 » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've recently setup dynamic dns for my dynamic ip and now i have a problem.

I try to telnet to my box when it's up malfador.ddns.org and it connects
fine and i get a login prompt.  But no matter what i try i cannot get in
with a valid user.

i created an account testme with a password of testme and thought i had it
setup right.. but to no avail.

And i had others from other networks try to use it and it would not work..
A few people told me that it may be PAM not setup?  or something with my
deny files?

Can anyone give me a hand with this?  I"m trying to create a workaround for
not having a dedicated IP/static for my little bbs. and it's no good if no
one can login :)

thanks in advance

nine

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Remote Telnet Problem

I have a question.  I finished setting up my machine w/RH 5.1 and everything
seems to work fine except when I try to Telnet or FTP to the machine.  It
takes almost a minute for it to respond and then it works fine.  All other
network functions seem fine.  HTTP requests are instantaneous and the SAMBA
client works fine.  I can Ping the machine fine also.  I have seen this
happen once before and had no clue what to do so I just reinstalled and
everything was fine.

Please help....

2. Linux & X on little 4MB 486...?

3. remote telnet problems

4. Small configuration problem on SLS 1.3 (Solution)

5. Network Problems - Remote Ping successful / telnet local successful / telnet remote failed

6. Newbie Routing

7. Remote Ping successful/telnet local successful/telnet remote failed

8. Could "root" be renamed?

9. RedHat 8.0 -- Telnet works to local host, but can't telnet from a remote machine

10. Remote IP addr from telnet sesion (secure telnet)

11. problems with remote printing under AIX 3.2 (and other remote access problems)

12. Problems with remote login and telnet

13. VERY Strange Remote Telnet Login Problem...