Question:How to monitor samba user activities?

Question:How to monitor samba user activities?

Post by Mic. » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 16:30:07

Any method can implement that task?
I am wondering if Linux server could monitor the samba client for their
activities like IP address/ on line duration/ logon/logout

If someone there could be kind to show me a script for that purpose, it
would be great!

Mic

Question:How to monitor samba user activities?

Post by Christian Bachmaie » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 06:05:15

smbstatus

Chris
--
| if you can click, use windows, |
| but if you can read, try linux     |

Quote:> Any method can implement that task?
> I am wondering if Linux server could monitor the samba client for their
> activities like IP address/ on line duration/ logon/logout

> If someone there could be kind to show me a script for that purpose, it
> would be great!

> Mic

> --

1. Newbie question: Security and monitoring user activity

Hi all,

I am new to system administration (I changed careers after 10 years on the
same job) and; therefore, don't know most of the UNIX guru tricks.  Here's
my problem: we recently hired a coop student to do a variety of tasks
including some programming assignments.  After just a few days on the job
I realized he was trying to modify files (passwd, aliases, etc.) he
shouldn't be trying to modify and he has been trying to gain root access.
I have been trying to monitor his activities by viewing his .sh_history
file, looking in log files, etc.  However, he knows I have been checking
up on him and he is good at covering up his tracks.  One thing I realized
he has been doing is switching from ksh, his initial shell, to csh.  This
makes it difficult to know what he has been doing.  Any suggestions for
keeping a better eye on this guy?  Thanks for any help.

Leo Crombach

2. building man pages

3. Linux/Samba Machine & User Accounts for Samba PDC in samba-2.2.1a Question?

4. oracle datafiles raw <> jfs dd backup/recovery (OT)

5. Need to monitor user activity from another X-terminal

6. Help ! Problems in compiling procfs_syms.c when making 1.3.58 kernel

7. monitoring users' activities?

8. Redhat7.2

9. Monitor User Activity !!!

10. Netowrk activity with no activity?

11. How to monitor network activity ?

12. tools for monitoring network activities & traffics

13. Real-time port 80 activity monitor, using graphs in console mode?