Ip Masquerading Win95->Linux->Battle.net

Ip Masquerading Win95->Linux->Battle.net

Post by Matt Perr » Sun, 24 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I was trying to configure a game (Starcraft, if you're
interested) running on my Win95 machine to connect to the internet in
order to play multiplayer games.  The way it's set up, I have the Win95
machine, connected to a Linux box thru ethernet, connected to the
Internet.
                 Win95 --->  Linux ---> Internet
I have managed to do this for other programs like telnet and netscape
using IP masquerading, but when I try it with StarCraft it tells me my
connection can't accept udp packets.  I've heard that ipautofw can make
this very simple, but I have the 2.1.98 kernel and the only ipautofw
I can find is for kernel 2.0.0 (when I run that it says "setsockopt:Bad
process number" or something like that).

Does anyone know where I can find an ipautofw for the 2.1.x kernels, or
if not, what I can do to configure the ip masquerading to accept udp
packets?

Thanks

---

Q:      Do you know what the death rate around here is?
A:      One per person.
---

Post by Kenyon Ralp » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

Try this web page: http://dijon.nais.com/~nevo/masq/
--
Kenyon Ralph
San Diego, CA, USA

http://home.san.rr.com/ralphs
ICQ: 8552071

[...]

    A:      One per person.
    ---

1. Win95/IPX -> IP ->PPP ->Linux ->Novell 3.12

Has anyone tried/been able to get working using Win95 to dialup a PPP
connection (ie: on a Linux box) and pass IPX packets encapsulated within IP?

Novell has IPTUNNEL which can be loaded on their server that allows for
encapsulation/decapsulation of IPX packets for transfering over an IP network.
However, can Win95 do the same thing?

The goal is to connect a remote Win95 system via dialup to a Novell network.
The modems reside on a Linux box also on the network running TCP/IP.  Dialup
SLIP/PPP work fine to the TCP/IP nodes on the network, but I want file sharing
with the Novell system.

Thanks...

2. Canon LBP460 Laser printer support ?

3. win95->linux(gateway)->isdn->internet (ip-masq question?)

4. How can my program tell in wich machime it is runnig?

5. RH5.0, masquerading problem Win95 -> Linux -> Internet

6. Snobol/Spitbol for vax

7. Q: Win95->Linux->ppp to net

8. PC-9800 additional for 2.5.61-ac1 (9/21) kconfig

9. diald Problem with Win95<->Linux<->Net

10. Q: Print problem: Win95 -> Linux/Samba -> Linux/Netatalk -> LaserWriter

11. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

12. Printing PostScript: Win95 -> FreeBSD -> Samba -> GS -> HP LJIII

13. IP Masq: Win95 -> linux -> internet - Problem solved!