how do I setup a peer-to-peer network with Linux??

how do I setup a peer-to-peer network with Linux??

Post by Henry Eelder » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

HI,

I''ve two computers connected to eachother with NE2000 compatible
networking cards. Under dos I can run Quake etc.in IPX multiplayer mode so
I know the hardware is working fine.

Is it possible to share my drives and printer with the guy on the other
side of the cable?? I know I should recompile my kernel with
ethernet-support, so that's not the problem.

If you have any tips on connecting two computers with ethernet under Linux,

newsgroup.

Thanks!

Greetings,

Ernst Eeldert

1. Peer-to-peer network between a Linux and a DOS

Hi!!

I'm interested in getting a couple of ethernet cards to hook up one
machine running Linux and another running DOS.  I have some tailor-made
software that's been written for both environments, and they use the same
data files... I'd like to have the Linux machine spawn processes on the
DOS machine, and use the data file output from the DOS process in an X
application.

Is this a worthwhile endeavor?  Can I do this with some kind of
peer-to-peer ethernet connection?  I assume I need to stick with ethernet
since Linux has extensive support for ethernet cards.  The data files I'm
working with are rather large, so they'd take too long to transfer over a
serial or parallel link...I'd like to use ethernet coax if possible.

Input appreciated!  Thanks!

Nick Rossi

"You generally don't find that kind of behavior in a major appliance..."

2. Samba Win98 Logons

3. Peer-to-Peer Network of LINUX Workstations, IS IT POSSIBLE?

4. Restricting Simultaneous Host Accesses?

5. _Networking Ques.: Is "Peer-to-Peer" Networking Possible Among Multiple Linux Standalone Machines?

6. Turning Off the Caa monitor

7. Linux Peer-to-Peer networking problems

8. Wanted: sources for nslookup

9. how do I install a peer-to-peer network on Linux??

10. Who is the gateway in a 2PC Linux Peer-to-Peer network?

11. Peer-to-peer network: Linux + Win98

12. How can I put a linux machine on a peer-to-peer network

13. web servers and peer-to-peer networks with Linux