Sycronize or mount Webfolders served be Frontpage Server

Sycronize or mount Webfolders served be Frontpage Server

Post by Daniel Güllma » Thu, 06 May 2004 18:20:04

Hi folks,

I'd like to update the website of our working group on a Webserver with
Frontage Server Extension. Under MS Win it is no problem with Frontpage or
to mount the website as a webfolder. My question is: can I do this with a
linux tool? I tried sitecopy, but this works only with webdav....

Has anybody a nice suggestions...

Thanks and regards
Daniel Guellmar

1. Apache not serving from CIFS-mounted share, works if it's mounted as SMBFS

I'd like to mount a windows 2000 server fileshare on an linux/apache
server to do some basic web serving. The web server works fine and
shows other content that's stored locally just fine.

This works:
 mount -t smbfs -o username=smbusername,uid=apache,ro //server/share
mountpoint/
but it complains that smbfs is deprecated and I should be using cifs.
For now, I'm using it anyway.

This seems to work:
 mount.cifs //server/share mountpoint/ -
ouser=smbusername,uid=apache,ro
but it won't serve actual files. It allows browsing of the directories
and shows the filenames. It does not return an error, it just does not
send the file. I have confirmed that user 'apache' can read the file
by logging in as that user and viewing the file.

I tried a telnet test, using GET and Host commands captured from
firefox's LiveHTTPHeaders extension, like this:
-=-
 telnet webserver 80
 GET /directory/filename.jpg HTTP/1.1
 Host: webserver
-=-

The result looks like this:
-=-
 HTTP/1.x 200 OK
 Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:51:07 GMT
 Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) PHP/5.2.0
 Last-Modified: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:07:30 GMT
 Etag: "420f8a5-180bf4-4d7a7480"
 Accept-Ranges: bytes

 Connection to host lost.
-=-

2. Formatting compact flash card for digital camera...

3. Mirror NT web server with Apache Server ( serving .asp files )

4. Trident 9660 PCI drivers for Redhat X

5. apache www server with frontpage server extensions

6. Konqueror: how do i make file manager transparent?

7. How to emulate having server 1 serving files off server 2?

8. Ultra 5 Crashing with BAD TRAP

9. Sycronizing the Date across all Unix systems

10. Looking for a Linux program to backup and sycronize files and folders to network drives

11. Sparcserver 1000 stops serving NFS mount requests

12. Serving/mounting a tape drive over network?

13. Serving NFS mounted filesystems