PCI ethernet card shares irq with PCI scsi card

PCI ethernet card shares irq with PCI scsi card

Post by Vincen » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hallo,

I've got a problem getting my network up and running.
When I want to put my eth0 up (compex PCI card using ne2k-pci) I got a
siocsifflafs:try again error. I found out that it had something to do with
irq's. A cat /proc/interrupts shows me that the PCI NCR810 scsi card was on
that IRQ. In windows everything works fine, so I figured linux could do it
to.
I did some research and found that the scsi driver needed some modifications
(something with SA_INTTERUPTS that need to be remnoved). I tried it, but it
failed (compilor errors). Can someone help me out on this on?

changing irq's isn't possble, since I dont have that option in my BIOS and
besides, I dont have any other free IRQ left...    Please help!

Vincent