httpd

Post by Unix A » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

We start the Apache httpd daemon and it works fine
except that it does not accept
  .htm
  (instead of normal .html)
files which are created by a PC tool.

Is there any configuration or command option
which can solve this problem?

Thanks,

Arthur
======

httpd

Post by Ima Maroo » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

You could rename all the files :o).  Actually, there might be a
configuration switch in /etc/apache.conf or whatever Apache's configuration
file is called.

--
Ima Maroon

Quote:> Hi,

> We start the Apache httpd daemon and it works fine
> except that it does not accept
>   .htm
>   (instead of normal .html)
> files which are created by a PC tool.

> Is there any configuration or command option
> which can solve this problem?

> Thanks,

> Arthur
> ======

httpd

Post by Lew Pitch » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>You could rename all the files :o).  Actually, there might be a
>configuration switch in /etc/apache.conf or whatever Apache's configuration
>file is called.

>--
>Ima Maroon

>> Hi,

>> We start the Apache httpd daemon and it works fine
>> except that it does not accept
>>   .htm
>>   (instead of normal .html)
>> files which are created by a PC tool.

>> Is there any configuration or command option
>> which can solve this problem?

Check your /var/lib/httpd/conf/mime.types file. There should be a
line that reads:
        text/html                       html htm
If it only reads
        text/html                       html
then add the 'htm' extension to the list ____/

Lew Pitcher
System Consultant, Integration Solutions Architecture
Toronto Dominion Bank

httpd

Post by Josep » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

From the Apache faq page

66.I'm using RedHat Linux and my .htm files are showing up as HTML
source rather than being formatted!

     RedHat messed up and forgot to put a content type for .htm files
into /etc/mime.types. Edit /etc/mime.types, find the line containing
html and add
     htm to it. Then restart your httpd server:

          kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid`

     Then clear your browsers' caches. (Many browsers won't re-examine
the content type after they've reloaded a page.)

> Hi,

> We start the Apache httpd daemon and it works fine
> except that it does not accept
>   .htm
>   (instead of normal .html)
> files which are created by a PC tool.

> Is there any configuration or command option
> which can solve this problem?

> Thanks,

> Arthur
> ======

1. Installing httpd to /var/httpd or to /usr/local/etc/httpd

Hello:

Question:

If I add a user to my linux (slackware 96 2.0.0 with apache) how can I
also give him a web directory?  (automatically.  what I do now is
change their home directory to /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/their_name
and I am sure this is wrong).  Also, I am just doing this on my own
lan.

What about permissions for cgi-bin for example?  I had to change the
owner of cgi-bin to the user who was logging in before he could upload
files.  I tried changing the group but this did not help.

I have looked in faqs etc. but I have not found an answer (or
recognized it).

Peter

2. DPMS (in X) blews monitor

3. redhat-config-httpd doesn't write to httpd.conf

4. Red Hat 4.1 Installation

5. httpd.h in Apache httpd server src tree

6. linuxppc & burning CD ROMs, help

7. W3C httpd or NCSA httpd servers on Amdahl UTS2.1

8. EtherExpress help

9. how to determine httpd.conf and httpd daemon for my webserver?

10. cern-httpd - proxy-cache - httpd.conf WANTED ???!!!

11. translator from CERN httpd configuration rules to Apache httpd conf?

12. HTTPd 1.5 dumps core when httpd.conf has "Group #-1"

13. NCSA httpd/Linux 2.0.x and 'httpd:cant resolve symbol recvmsg'