w.r.t. ppp(d)/chat what does "ppp:frame with bad fcs, excess=6f6a" mean?

w.r.t. ppp(d)/chat what does "ppp:frame with bad fcs, excess=6f6a" mean?

Post by 5012.6.. » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

When I use minicom to start my ppp session I have no problem. But,
when I use pppd and chat I cant get a connection. I run it with debug
and with kdebug 25 and I keep getting this message before it dies. My
service provider has a stupid little (2 lines) message, "PPP session
beginning",  it displays before the }.#}!.} stuff. Could this be the
problem and how do I fix it? If you could tell me what this message
means or where I could find what it means I would appreciate it.

Post by Al Longye » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>When I use minicom to start my ppp session I have no problem. But,
>when I use pppd and chat I cant get a connection. I run it with debug
>and with kdebug 25 and I keep getting this message before it dies. My
>service provider has a stupid little (2 lines) message, "PPP session
>beginning",  it displays before the }.#}!.} stuff. Could this be the
>problem and how do I fix it? If you could tell me what this message
>means or where I could find what it means I would appreciate it.

Check the strings for your chat script. If you run the chat program
with the -v option, it will log the debug information to the local2.debug
syslog file.

Look at the strings which say "Expect(   )" which lists the strings that
correspond to the expected string. I believe that you will find that you
are asking it to expect a string which your peer system does not send.