Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances?

Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances?

Post by amiga » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 05:01:28

Is it possible to run multiple instances of the zebra routing software
on linux?  And is there a way to have those multiple virtual router
instances to talk with each other?  The goal would be to set up say
eight instances of zebra on one linux server in order to facilitate
labbing out OSPF for example.

Thanks.

Zebra: Multiple instances and routing between instances?

Post by pkolda.. » Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:08:47

Quote:> Is it possible to run multiple instances of the zebra routing software
> on linux?  And is there a way to have those multiple virtual router
> instances to talk with each other?  The goal would be to set up say
> eight instances of zebra on one linux server in order to facilitate
> labbing out OSPF for example.

> Thanks.

I'm almost sure that it could not be used like this. You should try
some virtualisation instead. For example see this url: http://user-
mode-linux.sourceforge.net/net.html

1. how to install multiple instances of the same package

Hi

I'm using sun pkg to install software on my server. I want to be able
to install multiple instances of the same software in different
directories on the server.

However each successive install, overwrites the registry and when I
try to remove, only the last installed instances gets removed, the

Is there any way to to get the OS to recogninze mutiple install
instances and handle them independently.

I've been looking at the sun docs and find some conflicting
statements.

pkginfo paramater MaxInst : The maximum number of package instances
that should be allowed on a machine at the same time. By default, only
one instance of a package is allowed.

Each variation of a package is known as a package instance. A package
instance is determined by combining the definitions of the PKG, ARCH,
and VERSION parameters in the pkginfo file.

man pkgmk...

     -o    Overwrite the same instance; package instance will  be
           overwritten if it already exists.

I've tried playing with parm -o and MAXINST but can't the OS to
recognize independent installs.

Can anyone help, would appreciate the feedback.

raj

2. HD Install woes

3. Multiple instances of Apache

4. SuSE 8.1 Won't Boot after Upgrade from 8.0

5. sed: replacing a single character with multiple instances of the same

6. Using SSH and dtlogin gives me a different PATH

7. running multiple instances of a pipeline simultaneously

8. Multiple keys

9. Ftpmail: multiple instances on an a.out system?

10. Multiple instances and performance

11. Multiple instances of same package

12. Multiple instances of module in 2.0.0 - How?

13. preventing multiple instances