Linux & HDSL?

Post by Roberto De Le » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:29:29

Hi,
I was considering the idea of installing a HDSL in my office
but it is not clear to me whether it would be possible to access
to HDSL through linux. I'm using ADSL at home through my Linux box
and everything is working perfectly but I could find almost no info
on the net about HDSL linux support.
Anybody knows any good link or have any info about that?
Thanks,
  Roberto De Leo

Linux & HDSL?

Post by Thomas Sky » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:23:21

> Hi,
> I was considering the idea of installing a HDSL in my office
> but it is not clear to me whether it would be possible to access
> to HDSL through linux. I'm using ADSL at home through my Linux box
> and everything is working perfectly but I could find almost no info
> on the net about HDSL linux support.
> Anybody knows any good link or have any info about that?

Yup - have a look at these:

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/1454/1/
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/DSL-HOWTO/overview.html

Don't know if they actually do provide any helpful information, though.

/Thomas

Linux & HDSL?

Post by James Knot » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:11:23

> Hi,
> I was considering the idea of installing a HDSL in my office
> but it is not clear to me whether it would be possible to access
> to HDSL through linux. I'm using ADSL at home through my Linux box
> and everything is working perfectly but I could find almost no info
> on the net about HDSL linux support.
> Anybody knows any good link or have any info about that?
> Thanks,
>   Roberto De Leo

As long as an ethernet connection is provided, it shouldn't be any
different.  The only difference between HDSL & ADSL is HDSL is
symetrical and the speed will be different.

--

james.knott.