Limit network traffic

Post by Simon B. Nielse » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:40:21

Is there a way to limit traffic on a network adapter to maximum 512 kbit?

Limit network traffic

Post by Cedric Blanche » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:07:46

Quote:> Is there a way to limit traffic on a network adapter to maximum 512
> kbit?

See Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO :
http://www.ds9a.nl/2.4Routing/HOWTO/html/2.4routing.html

You also find a good script in ressources : cbq-init

--
 Crer une hirarchie supplementaire pour remedier un problme (?) de
 dispersion est d'une logique digne des Shadocks.

Limit network traffic

Post by Drew Kwiatkowsk » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:35:16

Have you tried shapecfg? I personally have never used it, but I've heard
about it before...

I found this on it...
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/x1415.html

Drew

> Is there a way to limit traffic on a network adapter to maximum 512 kbit?

1. Should traffic control root qdisc & child class limit traffic?

I noticed that before I add client leaf classes that the value I set
as the ceiling has no effect. For example, after putting in the
following commands:

tc qdisc add dev sat0 root handle 9997 htb default 9999 r2q 2
tc class add dev sat0 parent 9997: classid 9997:9998 htb rate
500000bit ceil 500000bit

I can send over 3000000bits/sec with none of it being dropped. It
looks like the 500000bit ceiling I defined is ignored. After I add
client leaf classes below the root, I then see that packets are
dropped when I try to exceed the ceiling.

Is this behavior expected?

2. Von Windows auf Linux zugreifen ?

3. Limiting certain network traffic?

4. Nat Translation Solaris 8

5. Network blocks randomly (no traffic) network restart makes it work again

6. Process refuses to die

7. Limiting total traffic to 63mb/3hours

8. Error messages under Bash shell

9. Linux limits ip traffic?

10. Limiting Traffic

11. How to limit FTP Traffic

12. Limiting traffic (not bandwidth) in Apache

13. ip-traffic-limit