dhcp-client ignores "supersede" and "prepend" options

dhcp-client ignores "supersede" and "prepend" options

Post by Peter Kle » Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:21:42

Hello,

I'm running Debian Woody with dhcp-client 2.0 installed. To prevent
dhcp-client from overriding my nameserver settings in resolv.conf, I
put the following options in my /etc/dhclient.conf:

supersede domain-name "mydomain.org";
prepend domain-name-servers = 192.168.0.1, 193.159.170.187;
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
host-name;

However, after doing a poff / pon (the computer is on a DSL line), I
found that resolv.conf had been overwritten again despite the
"supersede" and the "prepend" option. I also tried putting

interface "eth1" {
   [options from above]

Quote:}

as well as ppp0 instead of eth1, all to no avail. No matter what I do
to dhclient.conf, my resolv.conf file always consists of these two
lines:

nameserver 62.225.251.16

nameserver 194.25.2.129

What do I have to do to add my own nameserver and set the domain name?
I guess I could change /etc/dhclient-script to not touch resolv.conf,
but there has to be a way to do this through the settings.

Peter