Problems with ncpfs on RedHat 6.1

Post by O. G. Hovsta » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:48:29

We are using a Novell net, and are trying to connect to the Novell server
with some linux machines.
We are quite new to this, but the first machine worked fine. This used
RedHat 6.0, and we downloaded Volker's ncpfs package from ftp.gwdg.de,
compiled it, and got the network up running.

Then we installed RedHat 6.1 on another machine. We downloaded the same
package, and tried to compile it. The compiler reported an error when it
came to the compilation of the ncpmount function, and stopped. I'm quite new
to this stuff, so I may have done some simple mistake, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
Ole

Problems with ncpfs on RedHat 6.1

Post by O. G. Hovsta » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:42:35

OK, I'm trying again...

We are using a Novell net, and are trying to connect to the Novell server
with some linux machines.
We are quite new to this, but the first machine worked fine. This used
RedHat 6.0, and we downloaded Volker's ncpfs package from ftp.gwdg.de,
compiled it, and got the network up running.

Then we installed RedHat 6.1 on another machine. We downloaded the same
package, and tried to compile it. The compiler reported an error when it
came to the compilation of the ncpmount function, and stopped. I'm quite new
to this stuff, so I guess I have done some simple mistakes somewere, can
anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
Ole

Problems with ncpfs on RedHat 6.1

Post by Chri » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 20:26:38

  I thought the ncp package was already in RH.  It is in 6.2 for sure, as I
have it running right now.
  You'll have to be a bit more specific you need help though; saying it
reported "an error" doesn't make trouble shooting very easy.

Quote:> OK, I'm trying again...

> We are using a Novell net, and are trying to connect to the Novell server
> with some linux machines.
> We are quite new to this, but the first machine worked fine. This used
> RedHat 6.0, and we downloaded Volker's ncpfs package from ftp.gwdg.de,
> compiled it, and got the network up running.

> Then we installed RedHat 6.1 on another machine. We downloaded the same
> package, and tried to compile it. The compiler reported an error when it
> came to the compilation of the ncpmount function, and stopped. I'm quite
new
> to this stuff, so I guess I have done some simple mistakes somewere, can
> anyone help me?

> Thanks in advance.
> Ole

1. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

I have also heard from users of SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1
the binaries work on those builds as well.

I have packaged and made available for all the KDE2 Prealph binaries in
RPM and tar.gz format. This distribution is based on the cvs snapshot
of 01172000.

They where built on a RedHat 6.1 system and I know they install and run
on that build. Use at your own risk. Remember it is ALPHA code.

Find it at: http://www.nebsllc.com (follow links for kde2alpha code)

or ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2/current

PLEASE SAVE EVERYONE TIME AND READ THE README files first!

Have fun!
Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Remote X

3. Can Redhat 6.1 host eXceed 6.1 Xsession? How?

4. sun-2/150 as x terminal?

5. Upgrading from Redhat 6.1 to RedHat 9.0?

6. aliases & exec

7. RedHat 6.1 vs Redhat 6.2

8. setting udma transfer mode

9. RedHat 7.1 NFS Won't Export same drives as RedHat 6.1

10. Redhat 5.2 to Redhat 6.1

11. RedHat 7.1 NFS Won't Export same drives as RedHat 6.1

12. Redhat CDE vs. Redhat Linux 6.1

13. RedHat 7.0 rpm's on RedHat 6.1?