ARP replies and ICMP echo responses when Linux not running.

ARP replies and ICMP echo responses when Linux not running.

Post by Tim Hes » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I am running Kernel 2.0.18 with a 3c59x ethernet card. When I shut
down Linux but don't power off,  the card still responds to ICMP echos
and does ARP responses. This doesn't happen with the same card running
2.0.30. Is this a known bug? I suspect that it happens with a PCNet32
based card too. Are these very clever cards? How does this happen?