samba setup -the windows side-

Post by Faux_Pseu » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

ok i have a working samba network from windows to linux
but i cant get to windows from linux

i have created a shareable drive on the windows comp
that is acessable from network naighborhood
i log in as root with the same pass as i use for root on
the linux box
now what else do i have to do that might explain my problime?

--
 ._______.                               ._______.
 | <> <> |     GUI's are for slackers.   | <> <> |

samba setup -the windows side-

Post by Steven Haig » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

RTFM...

man smbclient

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.

Quote:> ok i have a working samba network from windows to linux
> but i cant get to windows from linux

> i have created a shareable drive on the windows comp
> that is acessable from network naighborhood
> i log in as root with the same pass as i use for root on
> the linux box
> now what else do i have to do that might explain my problime?

> --
>  ._______.                               ._______.
>  | <> <> |     GUI's are for slackers.   | <> <> |
>   \-|o|-/   ibpconf.sh on freshmeat.net   \-|o|-/
>    /___\   the easiest way to personalize  /___\
>    (MMM) the command line.  By Faux_Pseudo (MMM)

1. samba problem on windows client side

hey,

i got y printer working locally, which means going lpr <somefile> gets
me a printout. however whenever i try setting up a windows client to
print onto it using samba there is nothing. the windows client complains
about the printer not being online. and so i am unable to print. the
printer is visible from the client (using net view \\SERVER). the samba
spooling directory is accessible for everyone, so that is not the
problem. any ideas anyone. below the printer section of smb.conf

any help apriciated,
mag

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no
# to allow user 'guest account' to print.
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    printable = yes
    create mode = 0700
# =====================================
# print command: see above for details.
# =====================================
;   print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.
    print command = lpr-cups -P %p %s # using cups own drivers (use
generic PostScript on clients).
    lpq command = lpstat -o %p
    lprm command = cancel %p-%j

2. RedHat Upgradable?

3. X window displays two screens side by side!

4. Low level hard disk programming

5. How to setup Samba for Windows NT

6. Mounting root

7. setup samba and windows'95

8. Upgrading Kernel from RedHat 5.1 to 2.2.X ????

9. A few questions regarding samba from a samba and windows rookie

10. Samba Performance - Not a samba question about Windows Pwd Encrypt!

11. Samba : Can't browse from Win98 side.

12. how to change samba password on client side?

13. Samba crashes Linux side