SMC 8146 not detected

Post by Nasir Memo » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

What module do I need to do an insmod for to get my SMC 8146
recognized by Red Hat 5.1? I tried smc-ultra and smc-ultra32 with
the appropriate irq and i/o address but no success. Please (also)
reply by email as I do not regularly monitor this group.

Thanks
Nasir

SMC 8146 not detected

Post by Howard Man » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> What module do I need to do an insmod for to get my SMC 8146
> recognized by Red Hat 5.1?

I presume you mean SMC EtherEZ 8416.

 I tried smc-ultra and smc-ultra32 with

Quote:> the appropriate irq and i/o address but no success.

The smc-ultra works. You will need to use isapnp tools to
" configure " the NIC.

               http://www.suse.de/Support/sdb_e/rb_isapnp.html

E-mail me for details if necessary.

Cheers,

--
Howard Mann

http://www.xmission.com/~howardm
(a LINUX website for newbies)

SMC 8146 not detected

Post by Angel.. » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> What module do I need to do an insmod for to get my SMC 8146
> recognized by Red Hat 5.1? I tried smc-ultra and smc-ultra32 with
> the appropriate irq and i/o address but no success. Please (also)
> reply by email as I do not regularly monitor this group.

> Thanks
> Nasir

You might want to try the EPIC100 driver...

SMC 8146 not detected

Post by Benoit Pag » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> > What module do I need to do an insmod for to get my SMC 8146
> > recognized by Red Hat 5.1? I tried smc-ultra and smc-ultra32 with
> > the appropriate irq and i/o address but no success. Please (also)
> > reply by email as I do not regularly monitor this group.

> > Thanks
> > Nasir
> You might want to try the EPIC100 driver...

Some SMC's also use the NE2000 driver (ne.o), try those.

1. smc etherez 8146

modem....the card works fine in windows, but Linux(RH5.1) does not see
the card at all. I see on bootup it sees that I have 2 ISA cards, but
one of the last lines is "eth0" no card detected? I am very new to
Linux, so if anyone has any ideas, I would forever be in your debt!
--
ANTI-SPAM MEASURES IN EFFECT
Remove ALL X's in address to reply

2. Does an array have a limit to the number of args allowed in ksh?

3. SMC EtherEZ 8146

4. Building KDE for alpha

5. SMC NE2500 (NE2000) not detected; slackware 2.0.30

6. ICQ v7 Specification

7. SMC Ultra not detected; LILO doesn't boot off SCSI.

8. 24 bpp vs 32 bpp

9. ISA Ethernet Card SMC Etherez 8416 not detected by Redhat 5.0

10. my 3c509b not detected by installed kernel, IS detected when I use net root disk.

11. HELP!:RH5 can't detect my SMC EtherEZ8416

12. Problem detecting SMC ULTRA ethernet after install from SLACKWARE 3.0.0.

13. Inability to Correctly Detect SMC EtherPower NIC