BocaBoard BB1610 & Linux

Post by Mark A » Mon, 10 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,
I'm really depressed.  I have a BocaBoard 1610 Intelligent board and a 16-port
terminal concentrator and I can't get Linux to recognize it at all.

I've read the Hardware-HOWTO, the Serial-HOWTO, the mini/Boca-HOWTO all to no
avail.  I've tried the editions to /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/serial.c
outlined in the Boca-HOWTO; nothing.  I noticed that the addresses ordinarily
assigned to a BocaBoard appear to be for a non-intelligent one.  Mine only has
a single address, not 1 for each port.  It has a 286/12mhz processor on it.

It's a very nice setup.  It is usually marketed for SCO and comes with SCO
drivers.  I've been considering installing SCO here as a 3rd OpSys on this
machine but enjoy Linux *much* more than SCO.

I've heard rumors or legends or rumors of legends that a couple of guys have
gotten this card working under Linux.  I've appreciate any suggestions, hints,
whatever.

I'm on kernel 1.2.8, upgraded from 1.2.1 of the v2.1 Slackware distribution.
I'm on a 486DX4-100, 16mg 60ns RAM, approx. 2 gig HD space.  I want to network
some of the people in my apartment building via serial connections.  I've
already got myself & my wife's machine net'd via ethernet.

thanks,

1. BocaBoard BB1610 & Linux

[...]

2. mmap() and PROT_EXEC

3. DigiBoard,BocaBoard: work w linux?

4. qlc driver not seeing all attached tapes

5. Linux/Bocaboard limits

6. Who do you obtain file dates for comparisons?

7. Boca BB1610 on 5.0.4 ?

8. DAT Transfer

11. 没有人用中文吗?

12. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

13. Cornerstone DualPage && Linux && X11 ???