IP masquerade and rlogin

Post by Leung Yau W » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

        I have two linux machine connected together with ethernet card.

        A machine running Redhat 4.2 and connect to internet with PPP.
        Another machine running Linux.

        I can successfully using IP masquerade to make another machine
using netscape, ftp, telnet, ping.  But when I use rlogin, the system
report:
        rlogind: Permission denied.

        How can I make the second machine using rlogin instead of telnet
to another machine through ip_masq?  (Note: it can rlogin to the ip_masq
server, but it can't rlogin to outside world!)

        thanks!

?|?13o?^  Q    Leung Yau Wai
?R1B2??1  ?O?E??3~       ?Y?j1ql-poa????tG|~?

IP masquerade and rlogin

Post by Ralf » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> ...I can successfully using IP masquerade to make another machine
> using netscape, ftp, telnet, ping.  But when I use rlogin, the system
> report:
>         rlogind: Permission denied....

As far as I know, you indeed cant rlogin through a masqeraded
connection.
Use telnet or ssh instead.

--
                                     #    / )  () _        __  _
Ralf Krueger                         #   / /_ /) / \/)/)_/)\ \/ )

http://www.gm.fh-koeln.de/~iw097/    #  The OS of a GNU Generation!

1. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

Hello

I have a linux box which should work as router for two subnets to the internet.
One subnet has valid IP addresses but the other subnet with private IPs has to be masqueraded. Is it possible to masquerade this subnet with an IP address from the other subnet or with the IP of the router port which is connected to the valid subnet and not with the IP address of the router port which is connected to the internet which is the default?

regards
Klaus

2. 2.3 Installation and /home: server

3. Need help with IP Masquerading and Rlogin

4. Questions on running a WWW server

5. IP-Masquerade problems w/ rlogin

6. 4.5 and X?

7. IP Masquerading works, but does not masquerade from within the local network

8. SCO 5.0.5 and MBR

9. IP MASQuerading NOT Masquerading?

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Backup scripts, IP firewalling and IP masquerading

12. IP NAT and IP Masquerading