Using linux NIS clients with Solaris 2 NIS masters.

Using linux NIS clients with Solaris 2 NIS masters.

Post by Mark Nelso » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I'm looking at possibly replacing our sun lab machines with PC's running
Linux, we plan to use Solaris 2 as an NIS master/server and Linux as the
clients.  Does anyone know if this is possible or had any experience in
doing something similar ?  It is very important that we use shadow
passwords, which is my main concern.

Replies by Email if possible

Thanks in advance

Mark Nelson

1. Linux NIS Master Solaris i386 NIS client?

I have a RedHat 7.2 NIS master, with a Solaris i386 client.  The Solaris
client sees the NIS server, and has the maps, but all I get is "Login
Incorrect" -- no accounts can authenticate at the Solaris client. Any ideas
what's happening here?

Does anyone know a good source of information about this kind of
configuration?

2. 8Hz-MP3

3. Solaris 2.5.1 NIS client with a RedHat Enterprise ES release 3 NIS master..

4. Assistance with compile (

5. Using Linux NIS client in Solaris NIS Domain

6. Blue Cat or Hard Hat or Embedix

7. Tru64 4.x NIS Clients and Linux NIS Master.

8. TurtleBeach Sound Card

9. NIS+ master server convert to NIS client

10. replaced nis client -> had to reboot nis master?

11. Would NIS+ master work with NIS+ & NIS Slave?????????

12. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

13. Solaris 7 as NIS Master Server with Solaris 2.6 and 7 clients