Want to get Digital PCMCIA Ethernet card working

Want to get Digital PCMCIA Ethernet card working

Post by Carl Tichl » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

The latest PCMCIA card services indicates that the Digital
PCMCIA Ethernet card is supported (in SUPPORTED.CARDS), but
it is not recognized by my system.  The syslog indicates
that the "DEPCM" identifier is not recognized.  I can't
find any reference to this card in the driver source code.
So, how do I recognize this card?

Thanks in advance,

Carl Tichler

Post by David Hin » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: The latest PCMCIA card services indicates that the Digital
: PCMCIA Ethernet card is supported (in SUPPORTED.CARDS), but
: it is not recognized by my system.  The syslog indicates
: that the "DEPCM" identifier is not recognized.  I can't
: find any reference to this card in the driver source code.

You may have a new version or something.

There is a section in the HOWTO for adding support for an NE2000
compatible ethernet card.  Try following those instructions.

        -- Dave Hinds

1. need help getting a Xircom PCMCIA ethernet card to work under freebsd 4.2

Hi,
I'm having trouble getting my network card to work under FreeBSD-4.2.
My laptop is a toshiba tecra 8000. And my networkcard is a 'Xircom
realport ethernet 10/100 +modem 56'.
I've gotten my PCMCIA slots to work, and the card is detected properly
when inserted.

However, after insertion it gives me the following 'errors':
-------------<paste>----------
pccardd[196]: Card "Xircom"("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[CEM56] [1.00] matched "Xircom ("CreditCard Ethernet") [(null)]
[(null)]

pccardd[196]: Config id 35 not present in this card

pccardd[196]: Resource allocation failure for "Xircom"("CreditCard
Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56") [CEM56] [1.00]; Reason specified CIS was
not found
-----------<end paste>------------

Another card (an argossy (see http://www.argossy.nl)) does seem to
work properly. So I guess it has something to do with the driver for
some reason.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work? Because I'm kindof out of
ideas over here.

Thanks in advance,
--
-Sjoerd

2. LDAP

3. How to make pcmcia ethernet card that works with Linux work with dos? . .

4. unix aix application position

5. OT: Are Cardbus Fast Ethernet cards REALLY FASTER than PCMCIA Fast Ethernet cards

6. SonyPI driver updates.

7. HELP WANTED: ThinkPad 750Cs -- PCMCIA Ethernet Card / Software ?

8. Serial Communication

9. Getting PCMCIA Ethernet unoffical driver(IBM Etherjet) to work

10. Need help getting Red Hat to see PCMCIA ethernet card

11. PCMCIA Ethernet Card Driver Problem - SMC EZ Card 10/100 PC Card

12. Getting RedHat9 to work with Linksys WPC54G (802.11g PCMCIA card)

13. I'm having some trouble getting a PCMCIA card to work properly