server DHCPD ISC Linux and broadcast DHCP OFFER and ACK

server DHCPD ISC Linux and broadcast DHCP OFFER and ACK

Post by davidbz » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:52:40

Hi,
I'm a little news with Linux and DHCPD ISC server.
I set a test network with 1 DHCP client ,1 DHCP server ISC et 1 hub.
My STB boot and has an IP address and DHCP options. But I'm a little
suprise to see on Ethereal capture that DHCP ISC server send DHCP Offer
and DHCP Ack by unicast and not by broadcast (255.255.255.255).

There is any DHCP option to set for have brodcast answer from DHCP ISC
server?
Thanks
David

server DHCPD ISC Linux and broadcast DHCP OFFER and ACK

Post by davidbz » Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:43:17

Meanwhile, I found the solution. In DHCP ISC, you need to set following
option:
always-broadcast on;

Thanks
David