NFS Trouble

Post by Jesper Mathiasse » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Please help.

Im getting this odd error message when I try to mount a NFS share:

mount: RPC: Program not registered

It's bugging me bad.. I run RedHat 6.1 , and just installed the RPMs.
which should work right?..
I run SAMBA as well, and experience no problems whatso ever mounting smb
shares manually, but the above problem goes for both NFS and Samba.

help?

- Styx

NFS Trouble

Post by Mike Fris » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>Im getting this odd error message when I try to mount a NFS share:

>mount: RPC: Program not registered

Ensure 'portmap' and 'mountd' are running.

On RH, simply run '/etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap restart' and
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs restart' in that order to ensure everything is
running.  Use 'ntsysv' to confirm these services are started at boot-time.

NFS Trouble

Post by Andrew E. Baile » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

had the same problems... go through your kernel configuration and make sure
you have all the nfs-like options turned on. then try using linuxconf to set
it up for you. I could not get it to work any other way.

Good luck,
Andrew

> Please help.

> Im getting this odd error message when I try to mount a NFS share:

> mount: RPC: Program not registered

> It's bugging me bad.. I run RedHat 6.1 , and just installed the RPMs.
> which should work right?..
> I run SAMBA as well, and experience no problems whatso ever mounting smb
> shares manually, but the above problem goes for both NFS and Samba.

> help?

> - Styx

NFS Trouble

Post by pastorJo » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Sorry to post to such an old thread, but...

Are you saying to re-compile a new kernel with NFS support?  Does that
mean that the kernel with RH 6.x does not support NFS out of the box?

pastorJohn
John Kiehn
email in header is bogus, please reply here.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:58:11 -0500, "Andrew E. Bailey"

>had the same problems... go through your kernel configuration and make sure
>you have all the nfs-like options turned on. then try using linuxconf to set
>it up for you. I could not get it to work any other way.

>Good luck,
>Andrew

>> Please help.

>> Im getting this odd error message when I try to mount a NFS share:

>> mount: RPC: Program not registered

>> It's bugging me bad.. I run RedHat 6.1 , and just installed the RPMs.
>> which should work right?..
>> I run SAMBA as well, and experience no problems whatso ever mounting smb
>> shares manually, but the above problem goes for both NFS and Samba.

>> help?

>> - Styx

1. nfs trouble

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue with setting up nfsd. I have 2 boxes, one
(which I'll call JIM) has 3 NICs and is running kernel 2.2.16. Two of
its IPs are 'real' and one is for the LAN behind it (10.10.10.1). The
second box (BOB) is running 2.4.14 and has 2 NICs, of which only one is
active with an IP in the same range (10.10.10.5). I've set up portmap,
nfsd, mountd, exports, exportfs etc. etc. on the .5 box. I run the
daemons on BOB and everything's fine. On JIM, I type 'mount -t nfs -o
nfsvers=2,rsize=1024,wsize=1024 JIM:/shared/directory /mnt/JIM'. This
causes mount to hang forever, but I can exit it by pressing CTRL-C and
waiting for it to catch the interrupt. If I look on BOB, I see the
authentication was succesful and that's the last message in the log.
I've searched for this problem on the net and there are several
suggestions that's it's related to the multiple interfaces on JIM. These
articles suggest using the mount_nfs command with option '-c'. However,
neither mount_nfs nor a '-c' option can be used, as both do not exist on
JIM.

Does anyone know an equivalent to the suggested solutions for the
'mount' command or knows a better solution to this problem?

Thanks,

        A. Eijkhoudt

2. telnet and rlogin hangs with Slackware 2.0

3. NFS TROUBLE

4. PhD position developing Linux/Beowulf

5. NFS trouble

6. HELP! libc.so.6 and ld.so.1 not found...!

7. NFS troubles

8. KDE and SUID

9. help NFS troubles

10. NFS trouble