? HOW TO read internet email over PPP to Service Provider

? HOW TO read internet email over PPP to Service Provider

Post by Mark Shacklett » Mon, 25 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi all.

My internet email is sitting in my Mail directory on my
home drive at my Internet Service Provider's location.

I want to simply access that mail and read it from my
linux machine (preferrably running X) at home.  I don't
want it moved to my local machine because I need to be
able to read the same mail from an NT machine at work,
when I dial into my ISP from there.

In other words, I want to be able to read, write, delete
mail from both locations, all working on the remote mail
directory.

Is there a Linux mail reader that can be configured to
read mail from my ISP location, over my PPP connection?
Can xmailtool do this, if I set it up properly? (that would
be sweet!)

If you know how to do this, or any way this sort of thing can
be done in linux, I would greatly appreciate knowing how.

Thank you in advance,

Mark

1. How to set up PPP to dial up to my Internet service provider

Hi,
        I am currently running Linux Kernel version 1.1.18. and I would
like to know how to set up PPP to connect to my internet service provider.
        I also been try to compile newer version of the kernel, but can't
get the kernel to recognize my Sound Blaster CD-Rom driver(Sony CDU33a).
Anyone can send me mail has any advice.
        Thanks in advance.

2. wrong Qstring with QFileDialog::getOpenFileName()

3. TCP/IP PPP connection to INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER

4. binary data incompatibilies?

5. Connecting to the Internet via Internet service provider (How?)

6. Users and NFS

7. Getting Linux to collect my Mail via internet service provider

8. Probable conflict

9. WANTED to talk with other Internet Service Providers...

10. WWW: Linux Internet Service Provider Mailing List

11. Open Server Enterprise 5.0 - Connecting to an Internet Service Provider

12. Internet Service Provider accounting

13. Setting up a internet Server/service provider