HELP: Seeing nothing!!!!

Post by Sander Do » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello out there!!!!

Could someone enlighten me.....

This is my unsolved mystery:
first PC:
IMB P133+ with DEC DE205 ethercard.
OS: Linux Slackware 2.0.12
at boot: kernel detects card perfectly
ping loopback: OK
ping own IP-adr. (1.1.1.1): OK
ping other PC: NOTHING

Other PC:
486sx with Linux Slackware 2.0.0
netcard: DEC DE100
kernel detects netcard at boot, no errors
Ping loopback: OK
Ping own IP (1.1.1.2): OK
Ping other PC: Nothing!

Both are BNC cards.
Both are connected AND terminated
I already tried another cable

If i do a ifconfig, everything looks just normal, same network adress,
same broadcast adress, diff. IP adress, same netmask

And all i did is follow the Howto & Faq's!!!

Help!!!

Please provide me with usefull tips!!!

1. Linux sees campus but nothing else

I've installed Red Hat 5.x on a Dell 166, 3Com Vortex card. The Linux
machine can connect to any machine on the campus subnet (130.160.0.0)
using Lynx, ftp, or telnet, but it won't connect to anything outside the
subnet.

What have I misconfigured?

--
John Alexander
Manager, Area Computing Services

2. disk mirroring / backup

3. ifconfig sees eth0, but nothing seems to work

4. is my machine overloaded ?

5. Network interface sees broadcasts but nothing else!?!

6. Y2K Law Handbook: Year 2000 Problem Legal Guide

7. Redhat 6.0 - kppp connects but nothing else sees the connection

8. Converting hp files to ps files

9. Nothing to do with Nothing

10. I need help with DIP (I have checked the faqs, nothing helped)

11. Why the memory seen in Linux differs from the one seen in BIOS

12. W95 sees all 96MB, Linux only sees 64MB?!

13. Memory=32 ..system sees 32MB Linus sees 16 only