Programming a file server for linux using TCP/IP - Need help urgently

Programming a file server for linux using TCP/IP - Need help urgently

Post by 9222.. » Tue, 19 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Alright here it go's

The problem is that I have to start writing a fileserver for linux
using the TCP/IP connection. What i need is an existing fileserver
with code so that I can see how the thing is written, if you know of
any place that I can get this code or documents that would assist me I
would be ver greatful.

You can attach your reply to this message or email me if you wish.

Thanks

1. Programming a server in Linux using TCP/IP Sockets

Hi, I'm a bit new to programming sockets in Unix, and I've got a major
problem.  The code compiles ok, and no errors are reported when it tries
to bind to the local address and port.  However, when I try to telnet to
it, I get no response.  It appears accept is never being returned from.
If anyone out there has any suggestions or would like to look at the code
for me, that would be great.

Thanks,
Tim

PS I'm running Linix 2.0.32 from a RedHat 5.0 or 5.1 (not sure)

--
Take it easy,

www.machine.eu.org
ftp.machine.eu.org

2. checking CPU usage

3. need recommendation for good TCP\IP program and Terminal Program for FREEBSD 2.2.6

4. locking for socket class lib for unix...

5. Using the Linux TCP/IP souce code to program microcontrollers

6. tape dump question

7. TCP/IP Programming Problem (Help Needed)

8. Video4Linux

9. Help needed TCP/IP programming

10. Help with SEGV on Server program using TCP !!!

11. Socket programming help needed urgently

12. Help: Need 3D plot program urgently.

13. Need help file sharing using a linux client and a DirecPC Win ME server