Finding Linux Drivers for Token Ring

Post by Matt » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 05:02:32

Does Linux community do a good job of supporting token ring network cards?

Finding Linux Drivers for Token Ring

Post by Matt » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 07:17:28

http://www.linuxtr.net/

I found this, so far.

Quote:> Does Linux community do a good job of supporting token ring network cards?

Post by Francois Labrequ » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 00:08:01

> Does Linux community do a good job of supporting token ring network cards?

Most IBM cards - or cards that can pretend to be IBM - are supported.
Madge has its own drivers available (they also work with the IBM driver)
Olicom has its own drivers available
Many PCMCIA cards are supported.

Check the Linuxtr project site, or your card vendor's site.

--
Francois Labreque | My workload has become so bad that I
     flabreq      | don't have an in-basket anymore, it's

  attglobal.net                       - a coworker

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. Support for MultiThreading

3. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

4. S.u.S.E. Linux installation probs

5. Where to find driver for Proteon Token Ring NIC?

6. ?? Choosing distribution for Linux on IBM RS/6000 - 43P 140 and 240

7. Where to find IBM Token ring LLI driver

8. e2fs works *too* well...

9. Where to find token Ring Driver

10. Where can I find a Linux Token Ring patch?

11. Solaris 2.4 x86, Mach 64 Video Driver, and Token Ring driver conflict??

12. Where can I find a Token Ring card to work with Linux?

13. Token Ring Drivers for Linux: Where?