Will an Intel Ether Express Pro/10+ card work?

Will an Intel Ether Express Pro/10+ card work?

Post by Scott Ellswor » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I do not have the latest 2.0 kernel, and did not see support
for this card in 2.0.8.

Will it work?  I am hesitent to change kernels when the old
one still works, though I will in a flash if it will do ip masquerading
and forwarding faster or better.  If this new card is supported,
that should be fine.  (It is not NE2000 compatible, and must be
configred on a PC with PnP or thier custom software.  I can move
it afterwards.)

Scott

"When a great many people are unable to find work, unemployment
results" - Calvin Coolidge, (Stanley Walker, City Editor, p. 131 (1934))
"The barbarian is thwarted at the moat." - Scott Adams

Post by Rainer M. Canav » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00

 >I do not have the latest 2.0 kernel, and did not see support
 >for this card in 2.0.8.

 >Will it work?  I am hesitent to change kernels when the old
 >one still works, though I will in a flash if it will do ip masquerading
 >and forwarding faster or better.  If this new card is supported,
 >that should be fine.  (It is not NE2000 compatible, and must be
 >configred on a PC with PnP or thier custom software.  I can move
 >it afterwards.)

If you are talking about an ISA EEpro /10+, you'll have to turn on
'ask for developnent and/or experimental drivers' in 'make config'.
Af fas as I know, you'll have to get the modified eepro.c from my web
page to get it to work.
It's

http://titan.cs.bonn.edu/~canavan.

Rainer.

Post by Leopold Stammle » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I do not have the latest 2.0 kernel, and did not see support
> for this card in 2.0.8.

> Will it work?

I do not know if the driver is already implemented into the
current kernel.
But the card will work, if it uses the chipset
mentioned at:

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html

There you will find the the driver source too.

Best regards from Vienna, Austria, Europe

Leopold Stammler
--
"Wer Kindern Palaeste baut, reisst Kerkermauern nieder" --Julius Tandler
http://www.ft.tuwien.ac.at/~leopold/

Post by Scott Ellswor » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>> I do not have the latest 2.0 kernel, and did not see support
>> for this card in 2.0.8.
>But the card will work, if it uses the chipset
>mentioned at:
>http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html

Thank you!

Scott

"When a great many people are unable to find work, unemployment
results" - Calvin Coolidge, (Stanley Walker, City Editor, p. 131 (1934))
"The barbarian is thwarted at the moat." - Scott Adams

1. NEED HELP making Intel Ether Express pro 10 work with Linux!!

Hi,

        Title basically said it all.
        Any help or pointer to a FAQ will really be appreciated.

Thanks

BOB

Robert S Hidajat

Friley 2242 Godfrey
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY
Ames, Iowa 50012-0001

2. MetroX link

3. Need help with Intel Ether express pro 10 network card.

4. sed question

5. Intel Ether Express Pro 10 ethernet card

6. iBook Linux PPC/YellowDog only thoughts

7. Intel Ether Express ISA Pro 10 + ?

8. Kernel warning in do_tty_hangup

9. Trouble with Intel Ether Express PRO/10+

10. Intel ether express Pro 10+ ISA

11. Intel Ether Express Pro/10 ISA

12. Intel Ether Express PRO/10, Sound Blaster 16 (PnP devices)

13. Intel Ether express Pro 10