modem call internet help....

Post by Darijo 'garbage' Berke » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Can any one help me how to configure my linux
so that it can call up a internet server...
how should the script look like and where should
i put them?..i have a USRobotics sportster 28.8..

if you know..pleas e-mail me how to do....
--

/db

http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-11508/index.htm   <---(my suede-page)

modem call internet help....

Post by system admi » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Can any one help me how to configure my linux
> so that it can call up a internet server...
> how should the script look like and where should

Hi

A favour for a favour...

Which linux kernel 1.2.x or 2.0.x?
Have you got ppp and/or slip in your kernel?
What does your provider require?

Let me know via email, as I have just done exactly that, using
pppd/diald in combination...