Any Blackbox user?

Post by csvk » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:22:29

How do u install that...
I have heard that itz a fast window manager so it seems that it will be
running smoothly with my P-133 96MB ram machine...
can i use it with Redhat Linux 7.3?
Any good site about Blackbox?

Any Blackbox user?

Post by sLIVE » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:45:42

Quote:> How do u install that...
> I have heard that itz a fast window manager so it seems that it will be
> running smoothly with my P-133 96MB ram machine...
> can i use it with Redhat Linux 7.3?
> Any good site about Blackbox?

http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/

uh...i don't think many people will like the cross post.

Any Blackbox user?

Post by Mark » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:35:48

> > How do u install that...
> > I have heard that itz a fast window manager so it seems that it will be
> > running smoothly with my P-133 96MB ram machine...
> > can i use it with Redhat Linux 7.3?
> > Any good site about Blackbox?

> http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/

> uh...i don't think many people will like the cross post.

I think Window Maker(wmaker) is on your distro. It should work ok and its
easy to use.

--
Mark p

Support MS in the battle against software piricy-use alternative software!
(PS I'm not a wintroll or a linonut. Just trying to get  the most out o my
humble beast)

Any Blackbox user?

Post by Tomas Barro » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:15:28

>>>How do u install that...
>>>I have heard that itz a fast window manager so it seems that it will be
>>>running smoothly with my P-133 96MB ram machine...
>>>can i use it with Redhat Linux 7.3?

fvwm is light and cames in the RH7.3 distribution

Any Blackbox user?

Thanks n sorry for cross posting wont be happening again..

Post by Craig Andrew » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:54:14

> How do u install that...
> I have heard that itz a fast window manager so it seems that it will be
> running smoothly with my P-133 96MB ram machine...
> can i use it with Redhat Linux 7.3?
> Any good site about Blackbox?

http://fluxbox.sf.net

FluxBox is an extension to the BlackBox source, which is theme compatible
and has loads of cool features. And it's ridiculously fast :)

Any Blackbox user?

Post by Bob Hauc » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:08:07

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:54:14 GMT, Craig Andrews

> http://fluxbox.sf.net

> FluxBox is an extension to the BlackBox source, which is theme compatible
> and has loads of cool features. And it's ridiculously fast :)

Does it handle low-color modes any better than BB?  I used to use BB a
lot until I got a Sun Ultra 1 with 8-bit color (it is a pretty decent
machine except for that...and the price of $0 was right).  Blackbox just
did not do well with so few colors and I was forced to switch to IceWM.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

Any Blackbox user?

Post by Joseph A Nagy J » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:14:08

witty or informative:

> Thanks n sorry for cross posting wont be happening again.. "Tomas

<snip>

Contrary to popular belief, crossposting ISN'T against the rules. Just
set a group for follow-up's to go to.
--
ICQ: 18115568 AIM: pres CTHULHU

Yahoo! IM: pagan_prince
http://mc-luug.jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org

1. This Blackbox user needs help

I have WindowMaker and somehow managed to get bbpager to work, with KDE
hints. Now I've installed Blackbox from a binary RPM, but when I try
bbpager &
I get error loading KWM module and I can't use bbpager
Anybody know why?
--
jazz
Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386

2. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 2 of 6)

3. Blackbox :: Blackbox : connection to Xserver failed

4. regions

5. IE5 or Front Panel ?????

6. "top" program running on solaris2.4.

7. Blackbox, Fluxbox, RH9, FONT SIZE

8. Blackbox Question (Should be an easy one.)

9. blackbox same errors

10. opinions on blackbox?

11. Blackbox WM...