MAC-Address of my interface?

Post by Klaus J.Sch ?fe » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

May anybody tell me, how I can get the MAC-Adress of my
network-interface?  (Linux Mandrake 7.1)

I must register my PC to get an IP-adress, but I dont know the
ethernetadress of my interfacecard.

Thanks in advance!

Klaus

MAC-Address of my interface?

Post by Hal Burgi » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>May anybody tell me, how I can get the MAC-Adress of my
>network-interface?  (Linux Mandrake 7.1)

ifconfig (if it is up). Probably also in boot messages.

--
Hal B

--

1. changing mac-address (2 hme interfaces)

I've to admin a SUN E250 with 2 Network hme-interfaces (hme0 / 1). They
have Sun-like the same mac-addresses.
The second interface is up and configured but don't do it's job
(logical).

How can I change it best? Is to edit "/etc/init.d/rootusr" the best and
only way?

Thanks Udo

  udo.wilters.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Dual Boot (ALMOST)

3. Command for assigning IPv6 address and MAC address on the interface

4. scologin / startx don't work

5. Change MAC address without down interface

6. Connecting Mac 10.6 VPN to OpenSwan

7. MAC address for each interface

8. !!disabled multiple mode!!

9. How assign MAC address to logical interface hme0:1?

10. how to get mac address of network interfaces

11. Interface MAC address SunOS 4.1.3

12. getting interface mac address

13. Per interface MAC addresses