Cannot connect to the internet through modem in Red hat 7.2?

Cannot connect to the internet through modem in Red hat 7.2?

Post by Simon Le » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:36:20

Dear all,

My computer, with internal modem, has already installed Red Hat 7.2.
I have tested that pppd package have been existed. However, modem device may
not be existed (/dev/modem), since the Red hat was installed before the
modem inserted into the computer. Please give me the ways step by step on
how to connect to the internet, thanks

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Simon

1)  RH 7.2 pppd version is broken.  Get the 2.4.1 source at ftp.samba.org
in /pub/ppp and compile your own, or get the Mandrake pppd binary.

2)  http://www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/ppp-linux.html

--

PPP-Q&A links, downloads:    http://users3.ev1.net/~ckite/public_html/
/* Better is the enemy of good enough. */

1. accessing internet thru cable router with Red Hat 7.2

I have Red Hat 7.2 installed on an older Pentium box and had a dial-up
account working easily. Today I had Roadrunner cable installed for the
Win98 family PC and on the advice of a tech support contact had
purchased a Netgear RP114 cable router.
 Using the excellent 2nd ed of "Learning Red Hat Linux",the Netgear
support page, and browsing the Deja groups I still can't find info to
help me get the net thru the router.
 Obviously I am a Linux novice and would appreciate any pointers or
tips to set this up. For the most part I use the KDE desktop which
would seem to have the needed configurators to do this easily.

2. Linux Test Project ltp-20011206 released

3. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2

4. grub and 2.5.50

5. Cannot access Red Hat 7.2 from the Internet

6. Help!: Linux for a blind user? (fwd)

7. cannot play games in linux red hat 7.2

8. gcc_linux as a cross development system for dos and other targets

9. 7.2 Install cannot find Red Hat CD-ROM

10. red hat 7.2 linuxconf cannot be found

11. How to connect IMS/Oxgyen in Red Hat 7.2

12. Cannot connect to Linux 7.2 from internet

13. Red Hat 7.2 losing network connect after 1 minute