mgetty AND courier??!?

Post by Jani Perkki » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

can someone tell me how to configure courier to work with mgetty?

i'm building ppp-server and there is some troubles... :(

ok, tried to get the couriers to work, but i found no way to do this.
multitech works fine when i plug it in. and yes tried to change cables
but it won't help me.

Jani!
Hameen ammattikorkeakoulu/Riihimaen teknillinen oppilaitos
Hame polytechnic/Riihimaki institute of tecnology
Sompiontie 1 D 17 11130 Riihimaki FINLAND

mgetty AND courier??!?

Post by Rowan Hugh » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>can someone tell me how to configure courier to work with mgetty?
>i'm building ppp-server and there is some troubles... :(
>ok, tried to get the couriers to work, but i found no way to do this.

There is a small "gotcha" with mgetty. You must use /dev/ttyS1 (2, or 3)
for outgoing calls, as well.  /dev/cua[0123] are not used with mgetty.
Soft-link  /dev/fax and /dev/modem to /dev/ttyS[0123]

--

mgetty AND courier??!?

Post by Prakash Subed » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I  have two mahcines connected by Lynksys PCI ethernet cards and the T
conector.  Both have Windows 95.  One also has Salckware '96.   Is it
possible to run Linux and telnet to the Linux mahcine from another one?
What do I need?  What should I read.  Has anybody done it?

Thanks.

Prakash Subedi

Thanks again if you email me the answer personally too.

1. US Robotics Courier mgetty problems (I say give up on the modem)

I have had the same problem with my USR Sportster VI 28.8 external.
Another problem was, after a dropped connection, the "ATDT..."
command does not actually get the dialtone and start dialing.
Resetting the modem would usually solve this (i.e. turn modem
off and on.  AT&F1 was not enough!)

I have had various miscellaneous problems with my U.S. Robotics
modem, so that I am usually reduced to only doing straight
dial-up with seyon (not even PPP!), because this is the most
reliable.

My advice --- get another modem.  I have purchased the Motorola
ModemSurfer 28.8, and I am hoping it will serve me better.

Carl Tichler

2. SCSI tape not found

3. mgetty & USR Courier 28.8

4. Help needed for sendmail configuration on a 3B2/600

5. Help: USR Courier+CallBack+mgetty+fax=problem

6. RedHat 7.3, Latitude c840 laptop(Pctel modem) will dial, but nothing else....

7. USR Courier+mgetty problem?

8. REDHAT 6.0 wont INSTALL - DELL 410 WORKSTATION w/ SCSI AIC-7890

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. ITT Courier Terminal

11. Courier problems

12. Courier USR 56K <-> Linux