Is there any free project to do distributed computing?

Is there any free project to do distributed computing?

Post by Tech1 » Wed, 10 May 2006 00:56:56

Hello everyone,

I wanna do distributed computing in linux platform, is there any free
project to do it? LVS may realize cluster, but that's not my aim.

Have a good day!

B.R.

Joffre

Post by Christian Winte » Wed, 10 May 2006 17:55:17

> Hello everyone,

> I wanna do distributed computing in linux platform, is there any free
> project to do it? LVS may realize cluster, but that's not my aim.

Did you have a look at Boinc?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boinc

-Chris

Post by Dan » Wed, 10 May 2006 20:30:34

> I wanna do distributed computing in linux platform, is there any free
> project to do it? LVS may realize cluster, but that's not my aim.

Yes.

Ever heard of Google, win-droid?

Linux Registered User #327951

1. Cancer-related distributed computing project with Linux client?

I looked for a distributed computing project
(a` la setiathome) with (a) a focus on cancer
and (b) a Linux client. The only cancer projects
I found had only Windows clients.

Did I miss something?

I do run genomeathome part of the day, which
has some relevance to cancer research, I guess,
but I'd rather something more direct.......

TIA for any info.

Cheers, N.

--

        http://www.amhuinnsuidhe.cx

2. Apache with mod_auth_msql

3. oracle 8.1.5 and free bsd, or what am I doing wrong??

4. Can't boot: Find module dependencies

5. Distributed computing support

6. Compilation error in the afs/dir.c

7. Folding @ Home - distributed computing for Linux

8. Network Printing Trouble

9. class on distributed computing

10. Could linux do distribute computing?

11. US-OH-Cleveland Distributed Computing