How to use PAP to connect via ppp?

Post by Steve Rile » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

My service provider (ibm.net) wants me to use PAP to
connect to their service, but they don't explain exactly how one does
that.  Does someone out there connect via ppp to ibm.net?  Right now I
can connect using slip.  Is there a benefit to using ppp which makes up
for it's difficulty?

Steve

Post by HOULAHAN RAYMOND JOH » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> My service provider (ibm.net) wants me to use PAP to
> connect to their service, but they don't explain exactly how one does
> that.  Does someone out there connect via ppp to ibm.net?  Right now I
> can connect using slip.  Is there a benefit to using ppp which makes up
> for it's difficulty?

> Steve

Hi Steve my name is Ray all you have to do is type pppsetup and an
automated utility will guide you.  It uses pap or chap and even an MS
form of handshaking it will prompt you.  You'll like it.

My problem is getting my D-Link ethernet card to work with Linux its a
DE-530CT/T+ PCI ethernet card.  If you hear of any drivers let me know.

Thanks
Ray Houlahan