Sendmail config on SuSE 7.2

Post by Chris Reh » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:51:54

I have installed SuSE 7.2 and it's up and running okay. I want to use
sendmail on my machine to send messages with, even though I am not
routing anything.

So, I fired up the sendmail daemon and configured it, but there is a
problem. It seems I can only send emails within my domain. Outside that,
the emails are stuck in the queue.

I don't want to receive emails at my machine, I pick them up from my pop
server at my ISP. I am connected over DSL (if that makes any difference).
--
Chris Rehm

If you believe that the best technology wins the
marketplace, you haven't been paying attention.

Sendmail config on SuSE 7.2

Post by Dean Thompso » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 23:05:57

Hi!,

Quote:> I have installed SuSE 7.2 and it's up and running okay. I want to use
> sendmail on my machine to send messages with, even though I am not
> routing anything.

> So, I fired up the sendmail daemon and configured it, but there is a
> problem. It seems I can only send emails within my domain. Outside that,
> the emails are stuck in the queue.

Is your machine capable of actually resolving hostnames that you use into IP
messages so that sendmail can deliver them.  When you do a "mailq" what reason
does "sendmail" give for not sending the messages ?

See ya

Dean Thompson

1. Config option to compile pppoe ? (SuSE 7.2)

I am trying to compile the kernel from SuSE 7.2, on my
5-year old Toshiba Tecra laptop. The distribution binary
works just fine, but I cannot see that they have included
their .config file anywhere with the sources, so I am
having to rediscover all the options by trial and error.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what option enables
the pppoe.c module.  I have tried everything I can see
having to do with PPP, but nothing makes pppoe.c get built.

Any suggestions? Or does anyone have a copy of the .config
file SuSE uses to build their distro?

                                --Robert Almgren

2. DHCPCD on eth0 kills routes on eth1 while obtaining IP

3. How can I setup auto-respond on Suse 7.2 with sendmail ?

4. X 11 configuration

5. SuSe 7.2 makes SuSe 7.1 look like beta software and Mandrake 8 like alpha.

6. help !! dhcpcd

7. Sendmail config under SuSE 7.0

8. Konqueror

9. Samba on Suse 7.2

10. Alsa configuration on a 7.2 SuSE with kernel upgraded (vibra16 card)

11. Can't make Linux boot floppy under Suse 7.2

12. Ximian Upgrade on SuSE 7.2 Can't Boot Gnome

13. Problems with IMAPD on SUSE Linux 7.2